The Many Worlds of Albie Bright

The Many Worlds of Albie Bright

RRP: £6.99
Price: £3.495
£3.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Unul dintre cele mai remarcabile aspecte ale cărții este maniera în care autorul integrează informații științifice și concepte complexe într-o poveste accesibilă și deosebit de interesantă. Prin intermediul călătoriei lui Albie, cititorii sunt introduși în lumea fascinantă a fizicii cuantice şi astronomiei, descoperind teorii precum relativitatea lui Einstein și paradoxurile legate de călătoriile în timp. Edge offers an artful, touching exploration of grief. Albie’s first person narrative, inflected with references to science and classic sci-fi, will be especially appealing to middle-grade fans of the genre. Booklist Ganz selten beginne ich meine Rezensionen ja mit dem Klappentext. Zum einen, weil ich Euch viel lieber in meinen eigenen Worten den Inhalt spoilerfrei wiedergebe, zum Anderen weil ich selbst eigentlich nie Klappentexte lese. Das war schon immer so. Ich hasse Klappentexte. Entweder sie erzählen zu viel vom Inhalt oder sie führen einen auf die falsche Fährte (was hier der Fall gewesen wäre) . Daher ist für mich immer das Cover und/oder Autor der Grund, warum ich nach einem Buch greife – und die erste Seite dann die Kaufentscheidung.

The Many Worlds of Albie Bright - Nosy Crow The Many Worlds of Albie Bright - Nosy Crow

Is het een boek voor groep 7 (het vijfde leerjaar)? Hmmm voor sommige kinderen zeker, maar daar heb je enkel de hele knappe lezers mee. Voor anderen is dit naar leesniveau niet zo evident. Have you ever lost a loved one and wanted to just see them again, then this book would be perfect for you. The Many World Of Albie Bright touches on sensitive topics such as loosing your mum. This book is perfect for people who like the popular TV show 'The Flash' and Sci Fi. Albie goes to parallel universes. It’s a great book but gets very sad at the end so for that reason I rated it a 4 star out of a 5 star. Fun science meets humor and heart in this adventure about a boy who is searching for his mother . . . in a parallel universe. Het verhaal nam me helemaal mee in de verwerking van het verlies van de mama van Stein. Ik las zo snel als ik een kinderboek lezen kon... en heb er op het einde zelfs een traan bij gelaten.When Albie's mum dies, it's natural he should wonder where she's gone. His parents are both scientists and they usually have all the answers. Dad mutters something about Albie's mum being alive and with them in a parallel universe. So Albie finds a box, his mum's computer and a rotting banana, and sends himself through time and space to find her

The Many Worlds of Albie Bright - Goodreads The Many Worlds of Albie Bright - Goodreads

Straight of the cover pulled me in and after hearing some great things I added it to my list. My very long list. Fast forward to this Summer and I finally reserved it in the library and read it. And people, you NEED to read this book. It is gorgeous. I haven't actually read the book myself, YET. But my brother read it and he rated it 5 stars, so now I really want to give it a go! :) In this book quantum mechanics plays a big part. It is all explained very well because it is explained by a 10-year-old. All the physics is spot on in this book, which I really really really love. So, if you’ve enjoyed the idea of A Thousand Pieces of You, you will definitely enjoy this book as well, even though it is aimed at children (10-13 year-olds). I wasn't sure at first how much as I was going to like this but then, with the final half of the book pulling no punching and wearing its heart right on its sleeve, I was won over: hook, like and sinker. When Albie's mother dies of cancer and his father, a science celebrity is busy globetrotting the media world, then Albie decides that he would do all he can be find his mum some way. Even if that meant continuing her research in parallel universes and finding his way to her...in somewhere completely different. Reader’s will be captivated by Albie’s adventures in parallel versions of his own life and intrigued by the science behind his travels. A fascinating take on bereavement and sorrow. School Library JournalI really would recommend this book to someone else because it has a bit of every genre inside! I'd give it a 100000000/5 Review if i could. Aimed squarely at the pre-teen/YA demographic, ‘Many Worlds’ mixes science fact (all of which apparently accurate) with science fiction and fantasy with lots of fun. This is a great book for the open minded and imaginative reader of any age – with an interest science in general and quantum physics in particular. It was quit confusing i did not understand it much. I liked the main character Albie. I would recccomend this to someone intrested in sience The Many Worlds Of Albie Bright is an astonishing book that explores the theory of infinite worlds, each one is different than the last! From gender swaps to new planets!It will be very relatable if you have a family member who has passed! It shows that books about science can be interesting! Christopher Edge introduces readers to ten-year-old Stephen Albie Bright, the son of two high-profile scientists. But when his mom dies, Stephen goes on a journey to find his mother in a parallel universe. What follows, is an important journey about learning how circumstances can shape a person, what it means to look beyond surface appearances, and how it's important to keep moving forward.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop