Finding Bear: An irresistible animal adventure – the unmissable follow-up to the award-winning THE LAST BEAR

£6.495
FREE Shipping

Finding Bear: An irresistible animal adventure – the unmissable follow-up to the award-winning THE LAST BEAR

RRP: £12.99
Price: £6.495
£6.495 FREE Shipping

In stock

We accept the following payment methods

Description

Convinced that it has to be her friend she convinces her father to travel with her to the most northern parts of the Arctic. Add in the truly amazing illustrations by Levi Pinfold and Finding Bear is a very special book indeed. Her writing is perfect for teaching children about climate change, she doesn't hold back in terms of informing children of the terrible effects but everything is done in a sensitive way and they help encourage the younger generation to get involved in activism and be kinder to animals in general. She's an inspirational protagonist and manages to bring environmental issues to the forefront in a digestible way. I absolutely adored The Last Bear, and I was overjoyed when Finding Bear matched the energy and love of the first book and I was welcomed back into the story as if I had never left.

Hannah's story of Bear and his love for his cub made me unable to put this down (and I'm not a speed reader! Once again we follow April as she still struggles to settle in at school and adjust to her old life without her big cuddly friend. April and Bear's second adventure asks profound questions about our impact on the environment while keeping readers on the edge of their seats. Now, when I read The Last Bear by Hannah Gold I thought it was pretty close to perfection and would be impossible to beat. This experience has been fantastic primarily for the children, the school and also for me (professionally).I love these book and the focus on his humans are impacting the natural world, I love the artic landscape and getting to meet the polar bears again. Harper Collins) Finding Bear is the follow-up to Hannah Gold’s excellent and best-selling The Last Bear.

Maybe I'm biased because the stories take place in Norway but The Last Bear and Finding Bear are the best books to teach children (and adults) about friendship, love, and climate change. I was lucky enough to finish reading 'The Last Bear' around the time Hannah announced that 'Finding Bear' was due to be released, so I was thrilled! I borrowed The Last Bear from the library and read it in preparation for the second installment, and I really enjoyed both! Thought the author explored really well the changing relationship between April and her dad and drew parallels in the story which were brilliantly woven.

Also at the end there's a warning about not trying to befriend real polar bears which I enjoyed 10/10. This entirely successful follow-up is just as exciting a story of love and enduring respect as its predecessor. But the frozen environment of the tundra in winter is unbelievably hostile to human travel, and despite hiring the most highly skilled (and reluctant! April believes that only she can help Bear and so begins an unforgettable journey across frozen tundra and icy glaciers.

• Fruugo ID: 258392218-563234582
  • EAN: 764486781913
  • Sold by: Fruugo

Delivery & Returns

Fruugo

Address: UK
All products: Visit Fruugo Shop